Today was a day of trying new recipes!
Breakfast today was poached egg on toast with asparagus. It was my first time poaching eggs and while they weren’t beautiful, they were cooked really well and made for a great pre-workout meal. Post workout was leftover baked almond crusted chicken and a sweet potato latke. Our dinner tonight was Italian Meatballs with homemade sauce and spaghetti squash in lieu of noodles. Oh my gosh was it all fantastic!
My workout today was ALL THE BOOTY with resistant loops and man did my butt burn. However, my man told me just last night how good its looking and that certainly helps with the extra push, adding resistance and going harder when the compliments start coming in. Today I doubled up on my loops for a lot of the moves. Yellow being the lightest and blue the heaviest. Here are a couple of picture. Guys…I never knew resistance loops could work muscles so hard.
Anyhow, it was a good day working from home. I got a ton done, cooked some great meals, soaked in the hot tub for a while and played an epic game of video golf which was a blast. Some much needed down time was has tonight as well as lots of laughter.
I am exhausted and off to bed.
I almost forgot to blog again!
Today was rest day for me. That meant not actual scheduled workout. I slept in until 7:45, had coffee and read the paper. Then I cooked this amazing French Toast – I’ll post the recipe tomorrow.
Today was a busy day working on my up and coming coffeehouse. My business partner and I scouted places for rent which included a nice walk in Old Colorado City. Then it was home to surf the interwebs and work on the logo, business plan and financials. Guys, we are so close to opening! More on that later.
When my brain began to fry from hours of work, it was time for the jacuzzi!!! Ahhhhhh. My muscles were very happy with me. The heat was amazing! My body is still very fatigued so I’ll begin working on my adrenals as I think they are in turmoil.
Finally, it was dinner and a movie and now off to bed. Tomorrow is back to business as usual. But I am so grateful for a little slow down and some indoor and outdoor relaxation.
Today is my 20th day on this program. While I’ve struggled with my nutrition due to the travel with other people, I’ve killed my workouts. Even making up a missed workout by doing two in one day. But today was the HARDEST day I’ve had yet.
I didn’t sleep as well as I’d hoped to last night and I was awake for the day by 6:15 this morning. I had the best intentions, last night, of rising, shining, eating a pre-workout meal and getting my cardio jam on! Here’s what really happened. I came downstairs more sluggish than I’ve felt in a very long time. I made some coffee and had two cups and just could not wake up. I cooked my pre-workout meal and ate but just could not find the energy. Then came the espresso shots which helped a lot. I have a fantastic espresso machine and come amazing Blue Jamaican coffee that I had shipped in from Italy and it made the best espresso shots I’ve had since I was in Italy in January. I HAD 3!
Add the pre-workout drink I drink to that and I was BUZZING!!!! I got my workout done which was a 30 minute cardio workout (the same one I’ve done the last two Saturdays/Sundays) and today we did it in 24 minutes with 6 minutes of stretching at the end. I literally had sweat dripping into my eyes. That is one of the most grueling and advanced cardio routines I’ve ever done. If you want to know more about this, message me. By the time the workout came to an end, my body was toast. We had errands to run today and I could bare muster the nerve to get in the shower and get dressed.
My almost mule kick
Inversion feels so good
We ran our errands and came home, all the while I’m “complaining” or “whining” about how tired my body is and sat down to go over our budget. I still need to cook dinner and it’s nearly 5:30 at this point. Finally I find the energy to cook dinner and it was fabulous and I found some new energy for that moment.
All my ingredients
Now, here we are at 8:50 Mountain Time and I’m back to complete exhaustion. I’m loving this program I’m doing so much. But I’ve never been more excited for a rest day in my life I think. The results will be better than I think I could imagine when I’m through these 80 days.
As for my nutrition….
It was fine all day but I was not able to eat as much as my meal plan calls for. I just wasn’t as hungry today as I usually am. I chalk that up to my physical fatigue. I’m sharing a couple of pictures for you from my day and will bid you all a good night now.
Don’t forget it’s daylight savings! Spring Forward tonight!
Today was a real test of my patience….
This morning started out with me going to the airport in Phoenix and arriving past the baggage check cut off which meant there was no guarantee that my luggage would make it to Denver. After a very smooth flight, I ran down to baggage claim to see if my bags made it and they did not. So I sat in the airport for almost 3 hours waiting for my bags to come in. They finally did.
I very happily began my drive home to Colorado Springs when I encountered unusually heavy traffic which seemed to be for no reason, much slower cars than what the speed limit called for, and many tailgaters that made me uneasy.
Having had no food in any circumstance at this point I have been asked to stop by Chick-fil-A and get Tyler a sandwich and I thought to myself, “Perfect! I can get the grilled chicken wrap for a pre-workout meal.” Alas, the new Chick-fil-A has not opened yes and therefore I would have to g back across town. My boyfriend being the remarkably understanding man that he is suggested that I just run by the grocery store and pick up a few things that we could fix quickly at home. And that is what I did. I ended up having a sandwich.
Two hours later I got leg day done and it was amazing. I completed my meal plan for this coming week which took a very long time. We went grocery shopping and got everything that we needed to have the most successful nutritional week I’ve had yet. And I while I didn’t have great timed nutrition today, I didn’t let the aggravation of my day throw me into an eating spiral. I had my Chick-fil-A grilled chicken wrap for a post workout meal, I had my incredibly healthy nutrient dense shake and now I’m heading to bed with much excitement for the coming week.
PS- I have great recipes to film for you!
~welcome to the weekend!
This will be a short and sweet wrapup of the day.
I had a really long day with limited food until dinner. I got my workout in later this afternoon. Then went to a Brazilian steakhouse and probably ate way too much protein. It was delicious. I am really starting to see some changes in my body and I’m excited about that. And I go home tomorrow and will get to spend multiple days in a row cooking my own meals and eating on the timeline that I’m supposed to be. I am really excited and will share this next week with much enthusiasm and great details as well as some recipes.
Wednesday is challenging because its cardio day. I’m not a fan of cardio at all and have never pretended to be. Today was cardio core which means that I do 30 seconds of low impact, 30 seconds of high impact for a total of 3 minutes and then 10 reps of a core exercise that is done with the sliders you see in the featured picture. It’s a very intense workout and it’s only 30 minutes long.
Things I’m learning about myself as I change on a daily basis:
- I am much better when I do my workouts in the morning. This week I’m traveling with a new addition to my team, getting him trained and showing him what we do. Because of this, we’re meeting for breakfast and then heading out for the day earlier than I normally would in an effort to pack as much into the day as possible. So far, this week, I’ve only worked out in the evenings and my energy (even with my pre-workout) is not nearly as high as it is when I workout in the morning. I’m also dreading it because I’ve been working hard all day and don’t want to work out. I can’t do my workouts in the morning under these circumstances because I’m working too late into the evening as well and therefore, won’t get enough sleep if I do. I’m still getting the workout done, just modifying more than I would prefer. However, I did do more this week than I did last week.
- I never know my own strength until I’m pushed to the point of failure. High planks REALLY strengthen the shoulders and make them very sore. I get to the point of failure every single day when we are doing planks and or pushups. My shoulders are so sore all the time that I never know if they will hold me up when workout time comes. But I am doing more and more each workout.
- Trying and searching for what works for me and gets me excited is the key. I’ve done 21 day workout programs, 30 day workout programs and started 60 day programs that I ultimately quit due to injury. The program I’m doing now is the most fun program I’ve ever done and while each day is a little harder than the day before or week before, I look forward to it. The videos are live and I get to see the fitness instructor and her team moan, groan, gripe, laugh and giggle and just show what it’s really like during filming instead of only seeing their strength. It makes me feel like I’m gaining WITH them instead of trying only to be like them.
- Health and nutrition is 80% in the kitchen whether its for weight loss, maintenance, stamina, energy, sleep and the list goes on. I’ve known this for years but never really put it into practice like I am now. I’ve had a couple of bad days in the last 2.5 weeks due to traveling with other people (which thank goodness I don’t have to do for a few weeks after this week) but I’ve still been more consistent than any other time in my life since my teens. I FEEL a leveled out energy unlike any level I’ve felt in a long time. I am alert when I wake and sleepy at night.
- As someone who suffers from adrenal fatigue, I still get tired in the middle of the day when I push harder or don’t get enough sleep. But it’s getting better.
My nutrition today was pretty good. I tried to follow my timed nutrition and did OK. I wasn’t perfect at all. Ate too much protein for my pre workout. My post workout meal was insane though. I had to show you a picture. These are from a place called Native Grill & Wings and they are chicken lettuce wraps that are the best I’ve ever had.
If you have any questions about the program I’m doing, the food I’m eating, the plan I’m following or just why I’m blogging, please feel free to message me. I really love helping people help themselves and I’m NOT trying to sell you anything.
~BE THE CHANGE
Today was supposed to be my rest day. But I ended up taking my rest day yesterday. Today I did cardio flow which is one of those cardio workouts that makes me want to throw up. Thats pushing the body. I have a little sample of it for you here.
After a delayed flight to Las Vegas last night, I got to my hotel around 10:30 and quickly downed my superfoods shake before getting to bed. Tonight I had it with coconut milk, thanks to the starbucks in the hotel selling me the milk, and then quickly got ready for bed.
I’m learning that weekends are going to have to be treated with much more diligence as far as my eating plan. I’m not eating bad things but I’m not following the timed nutrition at all due to running errands and working around my house to get things done.
Here comes Monday. In Vegas. And I speak on a panel in front of 500 people. Can you say nervous??